Pages

Click to view the Christian Legacy Collection

Click to view the Christian Legacy Collection
Psalm 145:3-6 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of your glorious splendor or your majesty, and I will mediate on your wonderful works. They will tell of hte power or your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. NIV

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Opportunity to Delight in the Lord

This happens to be one of my favorite shots. It just appeals to me.


Take delight in the LORD, 
and He will give you your heart's desires. Psalm 37:4

I  love it when the Lord blesses with opportunity. My family and I were on yet another road trip looking for something of interest to add to the Christian Legacy Collection. Honestly, we were  kind of wondering aimlessly as we typically do, praying along the way for creativity and revelation of what's pertinent.  Sometimes these journeys are well planned and sometimes we just hit the road. Well, I had one of those days where I just wasn't feelin' it. I Thought we should just wrap it up and head home. My sweet, dear hubby, however, had an inkling to try one more little town and off we went. We found a quaint church that had a different type of appeal. I could see a few shots in my mind's eye pretty quickly. As we drove around, we noticed a man who was picking up trash around the campus of the church. We often like to make connections with people associated with the churches we shoot. As I have mentioned before, there are no extroverts here in the Spell family so this is never easy but often worth it! History can be amazing inspiration! It sometimes moves me to a new direction of focus and you just never know what you will find out.  This gentleman was so welcoming and transparent. This church meant a lot to him personally. He loved the idea of what I was doing and offered for us to come in and take some photos. I walked in and immediately became giddy (inwardly that is... I didn't want to scare him and make him change his mind.) I saw this old, white piano in the corner of the basement with the light cascading from the window directly above it and fell in LOVE.  He told us how the youth group met in there and all the happenings of the church. It was so encouraging to hear how God works when His people are faithful.  I took many, many shots in the next hour. This kind and generous man waited with us the whole time probably wondering why I would be so fascinated with things others barely noticed.  It was a treasure trove of how God's people worship in the church.   We did head home after that little excursion but was so  thankful that God provides opportunity to do this work.



This is a current card at all the Christian Retail stores.


He did not waver in unbelief at God's promise, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God. Romans4:20

13 comments:

  1. Praise God for how He lead you to this church. What a blessing! Love the picture of the piano. :) You have some beautiful photos.

    Have a blessed day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just like Christ He see what others have said no use to. God uses the very simple things in life to show us His greatness Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really been blessed by your posts. I am a new follower. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this picture! We are renting an 80 year old house in New Orleans and in the front room there is an old wooden baby grand piano! The realtor told us, "unfortunately the piano comes with the house."

    I was thrilled!! I love this post. We are a very small New Orleans church - so this post made me smile. My husband is the pastor. I know you probably made this man's day!!!

    I'm your newest follower! And I look forward to coming by again real soon!

    your sis in the faith,
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo! That church was a great find for you! I just found your blog and your photos. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are amazing, and this shot of the piano is outstanding! What a blessing. Thankful you followed the Lord's leading! I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photograph is... ahhhh-mazing! Love it... sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this picture! I love the idea of generations of people gathering to worship our Lord around that piano.

    Isn't God good especially when we submit to our husbands and listen to their leading. One more town, one more street. I have almost missed blessings when I didn't heed my husband's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful pic and it's perfect for Word Filled Wednesdays at the internet cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog made me re-think my desire to see our communion table replaced. It has some dents and one spot where the thin veneer has been chipped off, but it's been in the front of our church for over 40 years. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement. So glad you stopped by and hope you will return. Blessings.
    @theCrimsonBeloved: I love that you have reconsidered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That IS a great picture! Thanks for the encouragement you post here :)

    ReplyDelete