Pages

Click to view the Christian Legacy Collection

Click to view the Christian Legacy Collection
Psalm 145:3-6 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of your glorious splendor or your majesty, and I will mediate on your wonderful works. They will tell of hte power or your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. NIV

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD




     Sunday, a day full of family traditions such as big Sunday meals, shopping or heading off to the beach. For many, however,  it's a day set aside for fellowship with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Cars filled with family members all toting Bibles headed off to the worship service bright and early. It must be a day of glee for the Lord. He sees the sacrifice of every struggling Mommy getting their brood of little ones ready and looking dapper;  Daddy taping a game because he has decided God comes first; Children excited about singing praises and sharing all they learned in Sunday School must be honoring to Him. Just as no human is perfect, no day is perfect. There is always one person who can't find a shoe or forgetting that you were suppose to bring the juice and doughnuts this week. Small failures will riddle all of our days.   We are still human after all and Sunday is just a single day of the week. The sun rises and falls like in all the others  but it's the heart and the intent that matters to the Lord. Was this day set aside? Are we going to church in order to  glorify and praise His name? That's what He desires. Some Sundays may be a struggle up until the point we cross the threshold but it's the getting there that counts. It's our intent that made us wake early and turn the iron on so we may bring God our best. It's our heart that sings praises while the choir sings. May the Lord receive all glory and all of our praises every day, but especially Sunday.

As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD. 
Joshua 24:15 

Worship the LORD your God, and He  will bless your bread and your water. 
Exodus 23:25a

The LORD is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
This is my God, and I will praise Him,
my father's God, and I will exalt Him
Exodus 15:2

Above all, fear the LORD and worship Him faithfully with all your heart, considering the great things He has done for you. 
1 Samuel 12: 24

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; 

     I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
     I will be with him in trouble,
     I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
     and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16

Pay attention and come to Me;
listen, so that you will live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
the promises assured to David.
Isaiah 55:3


Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."  
John 4:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment